Сейчас на борту: 
клерк,
Эд
   [Подробнее...]

Страниц: 1

#1 07.08.2022 16:57:33

lupodimare89
Участник форума

Муга́нская / Ленкора́нская на Каспии (1919)

First of all again sorry for my English. I've found another very obscure episode of the Civil War in Caspian that could deserve further exploration: the formation, downfall and the evacuation of the Soviet Mughan / Lankaran in summer 1919.

All started to me with scarce reference of the British Flotilla mentioning to have made "anti-corsair" operation in the southern shore of the Caspian Sea, then i found how this was actually the capture and the supression of the survivors of this Soviet. I found some elements in the Azerbaijiani book "Лодки уходят в шторм" that mix-up some novel (especially dialogues) with elements likely took from memories of people involved.

Here some of the interesting points that could needs some extra info:

1)  On unclear day at the end of July, the Lanakaran ship "Перебойня" detained the passenger-postal steamer "Van" while she was transporting Muslim pilgrims, to use her searching scattered fishing boats that left Lankaran. I could not exactly understood when this happened.

2) One barge named "Kura" fled Ashuranda after the British raid, but was intercepted by White ships near Alexander Fort.
I've no information on date or identity of White ships.

3) A fishing boat carrying escaping people frm Ashuranda come ashore in Krasnovodsk Gulf. There they tricked a White officer and stole a barge apparently also named "Krasnovodsk" after the gulf before successfully reaching Astrakhan with 22 persons on 3 September 1919. Any extra details could be interesting.

4) Soviet mention how also ship Pereboynya ("Перебойня") escaped the capture at Ashuranda. Reportedly took flour from Chechen Island and confiscated four boats (schooners?). I've no knowledge about her exact fate, if she was detained by the White or in the end reached the Soviet-controlled shore. Obviously i've also no exact date of these operations but should all have happened in August 1919

Any kind of information is welcome.

#2 08.08.2022 06:52:01

Socratos
Участник форума

Re: Муга́нская / Ленкора́нская на Каспии (1919)

Паровой катер "Перебойна", скорее всего, 23 августа 1919 г. захвачен в Ленкорани частями армии Азербайджанской Демократической Республики. 18 мая 1920 г. захвачен в Энзели кораблями Волжско-Каспийской флотилии РСФСР.

#3 08.08.2022 12:46:12

lupodimare89
Участник форума

Socratos написал:

Сообщить модератору | Цитировать

Thanks! It's interesting that she returned to Lankaran.
Possibly the crew decided to sail back there to surrender rather than being captured on sea by the White/British? I suppose scarce info of these events survived as well as possible fate of crew/passengers.

#4 10.09.2022 16:20:11

Strannik7942
Участник форума

lupodimare89 написал:

Thanks! It's interesting that she returned to Lankaran.
Possibly the crew decided to sail back there to surrender rather than being captured on sea by the White/British? I suppose scarce info of these events survived as well as possible fate of crew/passengers.

https://search.rsl.ru/ru/record/01009171451

Страниц: 1

Board footer