Страниц: 1 … 70 71 72 73 74 … 118

#1776 21.08.2015 21:47:13

Botik Petra Velikogo
Адмиралъ
admiral
anna3 stas3b

Re: Вопросы Морозову М.Э.

На три:
6.10.1941 - D/S "Bjørnungen" (165 grt; норв.) торпедирован и потоплен TKA-12 (Д-3; Шабалин) у Стуре-Эккере (Sture-Ekkerøy).
21.06.1943 - M/S "Foula" (109 grt; норв.) (previously damaged by german aircraft) затоплен пул. огнем TKA-13 (Д-3; Шабалин) у побережья п-ва Рыбачий; ранее судно тяжело повреждено немецкой авиацией.
22.12.1943 - D/S "Marie" (200 grt; норв.) торпедирован и потоплен TKA-13 (Д-3; Шабалин) в Варангер-фьорде.

"Вранье и ложь в пропаганде, агитации и печати дискредитируют партийно-политическую работу, флотскую печать и наносят исключительный вред делу большевистского воспитания масс".

Из директивы заместителя Наркома ВМФ СССР и Начальника Главного политического управления ВМФ армейского комиссара 2 ранга И.В. Рогова.

#1777 21.08.2015 22:16:53

АСМ
Гость

Но и то неплохо!

Большое спасибо, Мирослав Эдуардович!

#1778 22.08.2015 11:55:56

lupodimare89
Участник форума

6.10.1941 - D/S "Bjørnungen" (165 grt; норв.) торпедирован и потоплен TKA-12 (Д-3; Шабалин) у Стуре-Эккере (Sture-Ekkerøy).
21.06.1943 - M/S "Foula" (109 grt; норв.) (previously damaged by german aircraft) затоплен пул. огнем TKA-13 (Д-3; Шабалин) у побережья п-ва Рыбачий; ранее судно тяжело повреждено немецкой авиацией.
22.12.1943 - D/S "Marie" (200 grt; норв.) торпедирован и потоплен TKA-13 (Д-3; Шабалин) в Варангер-фьорде.

Hello back! Interesting, I had recored some slighty different data for these engagements: ("Bjørnungen" sunk by artillery and not torpedo), "Foula" with a 105 grt, and "Marie" (that I also found names as "Maria"(according igor)  with 250grt.
I am going to correct my data now, my only doubt it's about the "Marie"; igor was pretty sure her name was "Maria".

Also, regarding "Foula", on german KTB, i've found these lines.

“Norwegian ship of 106 BRT” Tried to escape in Russian territorial waters. 2 direct bombs hit and sunk at north-west Cape Majakka.

“Before it was sunk by our planes, a bearing was  obtained on the cutter for the last time by Battery Kiberg  of 130°, distance 28Km. Therefore an attempt to desert is quite certain”.

Also with 3 Norwegian and 1 German crewmembers plus cargo for Luftwaffe.
It is a very interesting case, with obviously the boat survived the aircraft attack to be then intercepted by TKA-13.
Also igor informed  me how ship had broken engines, so that's why she possibly sailed out of place and was believed to be deserting by the Germans.

May I also expose you some interesting/weird/unclear cases from Arctic?

Some time ago I've found in the translated KTB this line:

3December1941
Two fishing cutters were shelled by an undetermined enemy east of Vadsoe and one of them set afire.

According igor, the case it's strange, here his reply.

This is indeed very strange case. No soviet claims this day. This cutters was seen from 2./MAA 513 from where lifeboat was sended to investigate but find nothing. No norvegians reported attacks or damages, so this is possibly just error of shore watchers.

What is your opinion?

Another weird case it's this:

17Jul43
At 0145 radio intelligence intercepted soviet message from “guard boat 408”: “Fighting against 4 enemy vessels. Position 16°07’N”

According igor it was simply a mistake.
You've some knowledge if something of real happened?

#1779 22.08.2015 12:10:48

Botik Petra Velikogo
Адмиралъ
admiral
anna3 stas3b

lupodimare89 написал:

I am going to correct my data now, my only doubt it's about the "Marie"; igor was pretty sure her name was "Maria".

Yes, Maria (1938/200 grt) ex dutch.

lupodimare89 написал:

Also igor informed  me how ship had broken engines, so that's why she possibly sailed out of place and was believed to be deserting by the Germans.

Yes, the interrogation of crew members shaw, that they had no intentions to excape to Russia.

lupodimare89 написал:

Some time ago I've found in the translated KTB this line:

3December1941
    Two fishing cutters were shelled by an undetermined enemy east of Vadsoe and one of them set afire.

What KTB do you mean?

lupodimare89 написал:

According igor it was simply a mistake.
You've some knowledge if something of real happened?

I'm not sure, but probably this connected with somewhat air raid of JG5.

"Вранье и ложь в пропаганде, агитации и печати дискредитируют партийно-политическую работу, флотскую печать и наносят исключительный вред делу большевистского воспитания масс".

Из директивы заместителя Наркома ВМФ СССР и Начальника Главного политического управления ВМФ армейского комиссара 2 ранга И.В. Рогова.

#1780 22.08.2015 13:32:44

lupodimare89
Участник форума

Thank you for replies ^^

Concerning the 3/Dec/41, it's here:
https://archive.org/stream/wardiarygerm … 2/mode/2up
left page.

It's that big series of german war diaries translated in english (the only ones available I think), sometimes they have little mistakes also by translation.
However there has been also interesting details or things I've discovered only thanks them.

Sadly, in many cases it gives only generic information and sometimes doesn't make further corrections on minor events.

#1781 22.08.2015 18:53:45

Botik Petra Velikogo
Адмиралъ
admiral
anna3 stas3b

Yes. I found this. No russian units were involved in this - may be German in the case of a mistake or British sub Sealion en route from Polarnij to her position off Tana-fjord.

#1782 24.08.2015 11:58:20

lupodimare89
Участник форума

Thank you for your reply.

If you've time, here a pair of skirmishes I've noticed on the ktb (the same ones) for the Black Sea.
Thanks igor (and some other older questions here) I've corrected and gathered data for most of them, but here two that lacked explains.

1)  On the night of 4 August 1942

“one of our boats had an engagement with an enemy vessel. Three of our men were wounded”

Some Soviet data? or other German ones?  In text there is no mention neither to the kind of German vessels, sadly.
I think it is interesting for the casualties reported by Germans.

another interesting one it's here:
2) between the Nigth of 20/21  September 1942
An attempt by two soviet MTBs to make a landing at north-west of Novorossisk is reported to have been repulsed by

"2 vessels of the Neumann group. Causalities were light".

Unclear if these two last words are about ground personal causalities or on the two german vessels.

Igor gave me a reply.

Two nights (19/20 and 20/21) 4 SKA and 2 TKA landed and then embarked again some troops (smtg like british "commandos"). They have fight with enemy cutters but only 19/20, without losses (3 WIA). They claimed one enemy motorboat as sunk.

Also he further found:

In KTB of Seekom. Kaukasus I found short record about engagement between kutter "Seidan" with a single MG and some soviet cutters off Schirokaja Balka about 01.00 September 20th.
The very engagement was described in KTB ASM like "See-Fahrzeuge des Einzatzkdos. Neumann".
BTW, "Seidan" sunk September 22nd in Schirokaja Balka as the result of close explosion of a small bomb. Later "Seidan" probably was raised (the works began on September 27th).

Additionally the "Seidan" we've seen it was probably the one mentioned into the line on 27 September.

"A cutter of the Neumann command sank in an engagement at Novorossisk after suffering a hit below the water line".

A general assessment of what happened as chain of events it's welcome, if possible.
We've guessed that maybe the recovering of "Seidan" occurred on 27 september, was wrongly reported as her very loss (occurred before)

Отредактированно lupodimare89 (24.08.2015 12:00:05)

#1783 28.08.2015 21:37:00

Botik Petra Velikogo
Адмиралъ
admiral
anna3 stas3b

lupodimare89 написал:

1)  On the night of 4 August 1942

“one of our boats had an engagement with an enemy vessel. Three of our men were wounded”

Could you name the number of the page of KTB SKL with this info - I can't find it.

lupodimare89 написал:

Unclear if these two last words are about ground personal causalities or on the two german vessels.

I haven't additional info about this ocassion.

lupodimare89 написал:

We've guessed that maybe the recovering of "Seidan" occurred on 27 september, was wrongly reported as her very loss (occurred before)

As I know this boat was raised only on October 1st.

#1784 28.08.2015 22:27:52

DocB
Гость

Мирослав Эдуардович, не доводилось ли Вам работать с советскими материалами допросов экипажа Б-25 Эдварда Йорка из рейда Дулиттла? Если нет, не можете ли подсказать, кто занимался этой темой?
Большое спасибо!

#1785 28.08.2015 22:40:50

lupodimare89
Участник форума

Of course, here they are:
The first one fall under the report of day 6 August:
https://archive.org/stream/wardiarygerm … 0/mode/2up
Page 61, at the top

For the second event, here:
https://archive.org/stream/wardiarygerm … 4/mode/2up
Page 254, at the top.

At this point I link you also the mention of the assumed sinking of a Neumann group boat:
Page 314 at the bottom.
At first the line (even if short) rose my interested because matched with the description of a surface engagement.

I am particularly interested regarding this last case, if there is chance for a surface engagement resulting in a target sunk in action.

Отредактированно lupodimare89 (28.08.2015 22:41:43)

#1786 29.08.2015 00:00:55

Botik Petra Velikogo
Адмиралъ
admiral
anna3 stas3b

DocB написал:

Мирослав Эдуардович, не доводилось ли Вам работать с советскими материалами допросов экипажа Б-25 Эдварда Йорка из рейда Дулиттла? Если нет, не можете ли подсказать, кто занимался этой темой?
Большое спасибо!

Увы, не работал и не знаю, кто этим занимался. Думаю, что эти материалы скорее в архиве ФСБ, чем в морских архивах.

#1787 29.08.2015 00:18:36

Botik Petra Velikogo
Адмиралъ
admiral
anna3 stas3b

lupodimare89 написал:

Of course, here they are:
The first one fall under the report of day 6 August:
https://archive.org/stream/wardiarygerm … 0/mode/2up
Page 61, at the top

Very unclear ocassion. By German date the fight took place at 23.30 August 4th between the markboat WM4000 and somewhat soviet boat. That time some ships and boats of the soviet Azov sea flotilla made breakthrough to Black sea via Kerch strait. Some coastal batteries made bombardment against western shore, but no report about encounters with enemy boats.

Unfrotunately, I can't add something with two another ocassions.

#1788 30.08.2015 17:57:08

lupodimare89
Участник форума

Hello again, and thanks for the reply in the Submarine section ^^

I've resumed an important story that I've brought you with some data I've found, the complicated (but potentially important) events occurred during convoy PQ-13 in Arctic, with destroyers engagement.

Some time ago (page 50 of this discussion), I've linked the documents a British user found regarding HMS "Eclipse".
(I re-link again them if interested:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/verfain/4 … 434917180/  )

From such document the opening fire from destroyer "Sokrushitelny" is confirmed (paper n°5) but also it state that at first the Eclipse commander identified the target as the HMS "Trinidad", also giving a more clear information that it could have been the HMS "Fury"  (the two ships: X-ship and Fury are identified as different ones).

Also "Eclipse" officially stated she was going to follow the supposed-Trinidad, just to find out the mysterious ship was Z-26 (implying in this way that the commander has wrongly identified Z-26 for Trinidad, and kept on with the mistake until a closer range sight was available).

This version of events seems to confirm that Sokrushitelny did actually engaged Z-26, but as you said this is not enough.

I had managed (and I've added it on axishistory) to find an additional interesting detail, that I don't remember to have show here:
At the top left, there is a brief description of the battle by German account.

The most  interesting details are:
1) Germans claim it was Z-24 that torpedoed Trinidad (while British claim it was a self-inflicted damage by faulty torpedo).
2) It is reported that Z-26 encountered first one and then another enemy destroyer.
3) The first destroyer was larger than the second one.

This description of the double encounter and the size difference between the two of them (considering the difference in feature with the soviet 7 class, and the britsh E class) could give further credit to the option that Sokrushitelny engaged Z-26.

If  a better evaluation it's not possible, I still hope these data will be take in account for future research.

#1789 10.09.2015 20:16:58

АСМ
Гость

Здравствуйте, Мирослав Эдуардович. У меня к Вам снова два вопроса:

Как Вы оцениваете адмирала Головко как флотоводца?

Существует ли список потерь немецкого военного и торгового флота на донных минах, поставленных английской авиацией в Балтийском море во время войны?

#1790 12.09.2015 07:29:05

Botik Petra Velikogo
Адмиралъ
admiral
anna3 stas3b

АСМ написал:

Как Вы оцениваете адмирала Головко как флотоводца?

Я специально изучением его деятельности не занимался. На общий взгляд - твердый середняк, без сильных отклонений в положительную или отрицательную сторону.

АСМ написал:

Существует ли список потерь немецкого военного и торгового флота на донных минах, поставленных английской авиацией в Балтийском море во время войны?

Я не встречал.

#1791 12.09.2015 13:34:56

АСМ
Гость

Спасибо.

#1792 13.09.2015 18:11:02

MAPAT
Участник форума

Добрый вечер!
Хотел выяснить вопрос по организации подводных сил ТОФ. В книге Советский подводный флот в Находке 1 ОДПЛ объединяет 11 и 12 дпл. ОДПЛ расшифровывается не как отдельный дивизион ПЛ? Почему два дивизиона объединены в один отдельный дивизион?

#1793 13.09.2015 18:17:37

Botik Petra Velikogo
Адмиралъ
admiral
anna3 stas3b

MAPAT написал:

В книге Советский подводный флот в Находке 1 ОДПЛ объединяет 11 и 12 дпл.

Книга лишь повторяет приказ Наркома ВМФ №0026 от 26.2.1941 г. Вопрос не ко мне.

#1794 14.09.2015 21:37:01

MAPAT
Участник форума

Botik Petra Velikogo написал:

Книга лишь повторяет приказ Наркома ВМФ №0026 от 26.2.1941 г. Вопрос не ко мне.

Понятно, что ничего непонятно. Будем искать с перламутровыми пуговицами.

#1795 17.09.2015 17:02:11

lupodimare89
Участник форума

Hello again! I am back again with few cases of mysterious losses due mines. (most of sources is that english translated series of KTB, other online, will point the exact source when/if needed).

On Baltic Sea,
15 September 1942
Steamer "Alkaid" was damaged by a mine west of Hangoe (Hanko) while weighing anchor and had to be beached.
What are the options for the origin of this mine? My guessing is German drifting mine or maybe old soviet mines of '41 (but if I'm right Marti&Ural&destroyers did not laid closer Hank but more toward the line Helsinki-Tallin?)

Whit this case, I THINK to have checked almost everything regarding 1941&1942.
Some other vessels reported sunk closer German/Danish coasts (or close Kolberg) are surely German (or british aerial) mines.

Exploring for 1943, few other cases surface.
For the first half of the year, I've found these ones:

On 25 March 1943 the merchant "Bungsberg" sunk south Naissar, after 2 mines hits.
https://archive.org/stream/wardiarygerm … 6/mode/2up
On wikipedia it's directly stated it was by soviet aerial-laid mine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bungsberg_%28ship%29
What is your opinion?

On 15 April 1943  the ship  Netztender 14 /Simson (341 GRT) was sunk while helping auxiliary minesweeper R-193 (damaged?)
It occurred close Revel (Tallin). What could have been the reason? Some German drifting mine or even remains of the old field laid by Marti&Ural&others in 1941?

Laste case of spring '43 it's 
On 16 May 1943 the loss of the "famous" Finnish motor torpedo boat Raju.
Most of sources just explain how she could not be related to the old soviet claim to relate her as lost in gunfight with MO.
However on finnish site it is explained she was lost as "hit by underwater boom obstacle" at Koivisto Sound. (no losses, not worth of repairs).
By description it could be actually a mine? (maybe small fields laid by TK/MO).

#1796 19.09.2015 11:24:26

maslopoop
Капитанъ I ранга
k1r
подводная лодка Щ-407

Мирослав Эдуардович! У Вас нет даты поднятия гвардейского флага над К-22?
                                                               Заранее спасибо, с уважением..

Я из того поколения, когда подарок не надо было упаковывать в красивый пакет, так как сам красивый пакет был нехилым подарком

#1797 20.09.2015 11:26:54

Botik Petra Velikogo
Адмиралъ
admiral
anna3 stas3b

lupodimare89 написал:

Steamer "Alkaid" was damaged by a mine west of Hangoe (Hanko) while weighing anchor and had to be beached.
What are the options for the origin of this mine? My guessing is German drifting mine or maybe old soviet mines of '41 (but if I'm right Marti&Ural&destroyers did not laid closer Hank but more toward the line Helsinki-Tallin?)

She hit a soviet air-laid mine of 1941. "Bungsberg" hit a new-laid  mine of 1943.

lupodimare89 написал:

On 15 April 1943  the ship  Netztender 14 /Simson (341 GRT) was sunk while helping auxiliary minesweeper R-193 (damaged?)
It occurred close Revel (Tallin). What could have been the reason? Some German drifting mine or even remains of the old field laid by Marti&Ural&others in 1941?

R-193 stranded due bad navigation without enemy action. NT-14 sunk on an air-laid ground mine.

lupodimare89 написал:

On 16 May 1943 the loss of the "famous" Finnish motor torpedo boat Raju.

Accordingly finnish docs - obstacle.

maslopoop написал:

Мирослав Эдуардович! У Вас нет даты поднятия гвардейского флага над К-22?

Все обыскал, но не нашел.

#1798 21.09.2015 16:49:58

lupodimare89
Участник форума

Thank you again!
If you don't mind, I will try to make some more replies: I am close to finish my degree (Biology) and since spring I will have to do a 2-years master.
I will have less time for this (an hobby for me), especially on the second year.

Here the others result for mines losses/damages I've tracked in the second half of 1943 in Baltic (excluding cases we've already talked before, the "Ost" and the two merchants disappeared).

15 August 1943:
KTB: Minesweeper M-22 struck a mine in AO3638 (south of Tyters). She sustained damage and was towed in Kotka.
It could be interesting if she was the same M-22 damaged by mines of submarine K-23 in 1941 in Arctic.

Could have been one of the mines from the new many small fields of TK boats you talked before? (concerning them, a question you've probably not found reply/data before was the similar damage on

On 3 July 1942, it say  that "motor mine sweeper 74" was badly damaged, having struck a mine in Tytersaari.   What is this? R-74?

But that one was 1942, more chance it was from a previously laid field?

2 October 1943
(Directly from Finnish site).

The icebreaker and depot ship Sisu was damaged by magnetic mine just off Helsinki between Kytö and Rysäkari.
Icebreaker Sisu was damaged by a magnetic mine just off Helsinki on 2 October. Magnetic mines caused loss of s/s Raimo-Ragnar. The harbour of Kotka was blocked by mines and while sailing a new, poorly-marked route the ship ran aground and was lost. Another ship s/s Dione was damaged by mine 10 January 1944.

Another detail "Sisu" was "Melkki sea lane off Helsinki."

All them were caused by MO boats,  aircrafts, or too hard to define?

A very unlikely entry I've recorded is also
22 October 1943
Torpedo boat T-157 sunk by mine off Hela.
I guess it was aerial-dropped (british?)

Finally we've this.
20 October 1943   MFP F-193    mines on position 59 ° 36.32 'N, 24 ° 43.7' E (on march Helsiniki - Reval)., Boat remains buoyant and can run into Reval own power
Also it's said 23 November, clearly there is a mistake?
I guess however it could be an aerial-dropped mine.

Interesting to know, in 2011 has been reported the possible wreck of her off Kolberg (sunk in 1945)  (I remember to have seen it on the Polish divers site).

#1799 24.09.2015 19:18:52

Botik Petra Velikogo
Адмиралъ
admiral
anna3 stas3b

lupodimare89 написал:

It could be interesting if she was the same M-22 damaged by mines of submarine K-23 in 1941 in Arctic.

Yes, the same. She struck a mine from newly-laid TKA field. The soviet TKAs laid quite a lot of mines every year of the war in Baltic: 197 in 1941, 247 in 1942, 574 in 1943 and 616 in 1944.

lupodimare89 написал:

All them were caused by MO boats,  aircrafts, or too hard to define?

All this were air laid mines.

lupodimare89 написал:

Torpedo boat T-157 sunk by mine off Hela.
I guess it was aerial-dropped (british?)

No soviet fields on that time in that region.

lupodimare89 написал:

I guess however it could be an aerial-dropped mine.

I think this was a German mine from Nashorn field.

lupodimare89 написал:

Interesting to know, in 2011 has been reported the possible wreck of her off Kolberg (sunk in 1945)  (I remember to have seen it on the Polish divers site).

Of course this was F-193 - see Ultra 533/710.

#1800 26.09.2015 14:00:34

lupodimare89
Участник форума

Thank you for your replies!

Just a pair of clarification.
I should add also the case of R-74 (3/Jul/42, damaged) to the list of TKA mines, right?

Also, what was the mine responsable for damage on F-193 on 1943 event?

(once checked these, I would go on for 1944 and 1945, both rich of unclear cases).

Страниц: 1 … 70 71 72 73 74 … 118

Board footer